TouchScore™ – how much impact does your brand have on consumers online? | Beverages
When was the last time you measured the effectiveness of social media? Not so long ago, we introduced you to TouchScore™, our very own holistic social media measurement tool. This month, we’re bringing back TouchScore™ in all its future-proof and robust glory!
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be evaluating some of the world’s leading brands across some of the biggest consumer industries using TouchScore™, but before we get started, here’s a quick run-down of what it’s all about just in case you missed out last time:
TouchScore™ aims to provide you and your brand with a strategic framework for measuring – and developing – effective brand/consumer relationships in digital marketing. The framework tracks almost 100 different metrics and measurements, using data feeds and APIs direct from all the major platforms and tools. Those 100+ metrics are then broken down in to five ‘Touch’ components – as well as an overall TouchScore™, which is a weighted composite of each of the components – against three of your competitors.
Those five components are:
- Visibility – how visible your brand is to consumers online, in the places they are most likely to be looking.
- Involvement – the degree to which your brand involves themselves with customers through social channels.
- Participation – consumers’ ACTIVE interaction with the brand (beyond just buying it).
- Advocacy – the degree to which your brand is positively or negatively recommended by consumers.
- Commitment – a strong predisposition to choose your brand above other competitors in the market.
To kick this series off, we’ve decided to take a look at the non-alcoholic beverage industry. One of the tricks with the TouchScore™ model is that in spite of the different types of metrics, we are able to combine all of their components into one standardised score that reflects all of them at the same time. Here’s what the TouchScore™ visual model looks like for brands that you’ve probably already heard of: Coca Cola, Pepsi, Fanta and Dr Pepper.
First up, visibility – how can you improve your brand’s visibility? TouchScore™ accurately assesses your visibility based on the prominence of your brand on search engines and accessibility of its established social media presences. It’s clear to see that these competitive drinks giants are performing significantly well, scoring highly when it comes to visibility, advocacy and participation. As we journey further into the world of TouchScore™, we will be highlighting the different components of the tool in order to give you some real beneficial insights for your own brand.
Here are just a few suggestions for you to consider:
- Create a blog for your brand
- If your brand already has a blog, increase blogging activity by regularly updating and maintaining your blog
- Strengthen your presence across the major social media platforms by investing in quality content
- Investing in PPC ads
- Clearly display links to your social media platforms to give your consumers easier access
If you want measure and develop effective brand-consumer relationships in digital, get in touch and find out how this unique and valuable proprietary tool can help you develop your future brand strategy.