#Spotlight – The model for blogger engagement
We’ve now come to the end of our month highlighting the benefits of our influencer engagement tool – Spotlight. Just in case you’ve come to the party late, Spotlight is Tamar’s proprietary tool for rating the relative influence of blogs.
All brands are aware of how important influencers are when it comes to getting a brand talked about – and that’s why we developed Spotlight in the first place. The key benefits that Spotlight offers brands include:
- Identifying the most vocal and influential advocates in your brand space.
- Telling you which bloggers to build a meaningful relationship with
- Providing your brand with eCRM database for personal engagement
- Earning meaningful coverage for your brand’s online activities, including driving traffic, and adding SEO value.
Over the course of the month we’ve highlighted the top bloggers in a number of key sectors, explaining how they have gained the impressive online influence they have and giving you a few “ones to watch” as well. Here are some of our favourites:
- Health and Beauty: Lisa Eldridge
- Food and Drink: The Londoner
- Fitness: Where are my knees?
- Parenting: Who’s the Mummy?
- Travel: A Luxury Travel Blog
- London: Timeout
We’ve also used this month focusing on Spotlight to share some tips on the dos and don’ts of blogger engagement – here’s a recap of some of the basic no-nos:
- Not getting the basics right including the influencer’s name
- Sending an irrelevant spam-like email that reads too much like a sales pitch
- Failing to do the research and not reading the influencer’s blog
- Not understanding that influencers are busy people
- Approaching influencers with the wrong tone and language
- Not following up
Follow us on Twitter, get in contact and we can tell you more about how Spotlight can help your brand build really effective and valuable engagement online.