Twitter release brand new stats – what do they mean?
Here at Tamar, it is probably evident to most people that we use and value social media platforms A LOT – with Twitter being one of our favourites.
With over two hundred million monthly active users, Twitter is undoubtedly one of the most powerful media companies in the world. Twitter brings brands together with their audience, and allows them to build a more personable relationship than ever before. As a company, they’re usually pretty guarded about their analytics – but this week they released a number of insightful stats to the public, and they make for very interesting reading.
So how is Twitter doing?
Twitter’s executives have shared a number of eye-opening stats, and many of them provide very useful insight to brands and users alike.
- We Tweet 400 million times a day.
- There are 200 million monthly active users on Twitter.
- We follow a median of 6 brands each– (We know we follow a lot more!)
- If you see a promoted Tweet there is apparently 53% more “purchase intent” (though they would say that, right?).
- During America’s Super bowl 50% of advertisiters used hash tags in their commercials
- 50% of Americans see read or hear about a tweet every day.
- If you put a question mark in your tweets there is 17% more chance it will get clicked. Who knew?
- How much engagement is there on Twitter ads? A disappointingly low 1.3% it seems.
So what does this mean to you? Be on Twitter, tweet and use this growing influential platform to engage with your customers and potential consumers. The service is out there waiting for you to take full advantage of it. It’s arguably the best platform to build a relationship on. Even if you’re the most seasoned of tweeters, there are some stats there that you could incorporate into your strategy.