So yesterday saw me at the ‘Harnessing the Power of Twitter‘ or #hpt09 or even http://tinyurl.com/qyl5md conference and I am sure loads of people will Tweet away and maybe even blog or micro blog on the subject in more detail than me.
But I thought I would make a note of the key learnings and my impressions of the day. So here goes:
- Enthusiasm for Twitter – it’s been a while since I saw so much enthusiasm for something new without any cynicism. Really refreshing.
- That Twitter is best used for creating relationships with clients, customers, co workers and is not a direct sales tool.
- That used well you can turn around peoples opinion of you or your company
- That used badly you can cause a lot of damage – yikes
- You get out what you put in – try it for 4 weeks and a tipping point should be reached
- Find the right application to help you use Twitter more effectively
- A Tweet has a 10 minute life span, move on after that
Here are some resources to try;
And remember ‘a Tweet is for life‘! So think before you Tweet!Tweet