Google Suggest Adds More Functions
Included in among these are:
- Incorporating information from the results of the page you are already on
- If you are signed in to your Google account then using your web history to personalise your results
- Navigational results, so if it looks like you are ‘navigating’ direclty to a site (say branded search) you get sent straight there.
- The inevitable ‘sponsored link’ will appear if relevant and is identifable by a differant colour and saying ‘sponsored link’
- The results count numbers will no longer appear as they were deemed not useful, I agree
- The results are also now bolded to help you search more quickly
What this means for most of us is it is going to be easier and quicker to use the Google Suggest tool which is great. That said, how many people are actually using it? We have seen mixed results but anything which makes searching easier has to be a good thing. And of course Google never misses an opportunity to bang in some new ways of displaying advertising.