Ok, six, but there may be more!
We all know, or should know, that adding content to your site is important, after all it’s what users want and search engines lap it up but why else should you add content to your site?
- You can engage with your customers directly by answering their concerns. If it’s a problem for one it’s likely to be a problem for others. So tell them the solution.
- Get their feedback. How much do you spend on researching your market place? Make it easy via a blog, forum or contact form to get feedback. You want to know what you can do better don’t you? (and you may even get some positive feedback!)
- Keep customers and clients up to date with your latest products and offers. Websites are often the first port of call for users so get them early in the buying cycle. Tip: Make sure your latest offer are live before the weekend when research is likely to be done online before going to the shops on Saturday and Sunday.
- Linkbait, ok it’s not always possible to have the most creative content on your site but offering something genuinely useful will attract others to link to your site as a reference.
- Add videos, and then create content around them. Do you have any information/adverts/how to’s that you can add? Then do so!
And finally, fun. Remember that? If something amuses you or you find it interesting why not share it with others? Too often websites lack humour and any element of personal human touch. Make your website stand out through the strength of its own personality.
Content is important and it has to be useful. But it can serve many purposes but above all think of your user. What are they likely to want? And can they find it on your site? If you know this and can answer these then you are heading in the right direction.Tweet