Search guru Udi answers some questions on Google Search
- Last year Google made over 450 improvements to the algorithm. 450!
- Put the right keywords in your content – makes sense!
- The results we (Google) show you are based not only on what we know of the Web, but also what other people have searched for
- Google does not have the capability to manually change the rankings. It has to be done algorithmically (Matt Cutts said that Google ‘are willing to take manual action on a small number of issues like webspam and removals for legal reasons’)
- In the future, assuming you give permission, Google may use your Social Network profile to help build more personalised results – cool!
- The changes to the search algorithm are made without any consideration to the PPC sales side of Google
This is a really good read, it’s a shame we don’t here more from Udi!
Final comment from our new chum Udi:
‘Our goal is very simple: We want to return to the user the answer that they need’.
So that’s what it’s all about – now we know!Tweet