Well this is a ‘rant’ column!’
If like me you spend your life online you are probably not immune to some impulse online purchases.
And apart from items being ‘out of stock’ or shopping baskets not working in firefox the one thing which is guaranteed to get me to buy elsewhere is if the following issues arise with delivery of an ordered product.
- No delivery details and costs available before a purchase is selected (we know that this is how sites offering the same products claw back their margins so don’t hide them!)
- Not being able to select a delivery to my work – its 2008! (build the cost into your business model )
- Not being able to track the order (hats off to Dell on this, they did a great job on my new laptop)
- Adding the most expensive shipping option as a default – grrrrrrrr!
- Not being able to pick a time slot – even AM or PM would be better than ‘all day’
I can’t believe that in 2008 these are still issues. That said none of these actually stop me shopping but I do switch sites if I run into trouble – I am sooooo fickle!
Have a good weekend!Tweet