I’m sure you’ll all have seen the stories in the news this morning announcing that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has made it on to this year’s Forbes Rich-list in position number 785. But who else from the world of Search and Social Media is on the list?
- Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page grab joint 5th place with a very respectable $18.5 billion a piece.
- Eric Schmidt, also of Google is at position 48 with a more moderate $6.5 billion
- Yahoo co-founders David Filo and Jerry Yang are at positions 239 and 261 respectively with $2 and $1.9 billion.
- MySpace owner Rupert Murdoch is at #33 with $8.8 billion to his name
- MSN’s main man (technically!) Bill Gates slips from the top spot to reside at No. 3 with a fortune of $58 billion – you’d think he’d be able to afford to buy some better search results…!
No sign of MySpace’s Tom Anderson then – though I’m sure he can console himself with his 223 million friends; Bebo’s Michael Birch isn’t quite there either, but maybe next year eh guys?Tweet