Social Media Mavens Getting Richer
I’m sure you’ll all have seen the stories in the news this morning announcing that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has made it on to this year’s Forbes Rich-list in position number 785. But who else from the world of Search and Social Media is on the list?
- Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page grab joint 5th place with a very respectable $18.5 billion a piece.
- Eric Schmidt, also of Google is at position 48 with a more moderate $6.5 billion
- Yahoo co-founders David Filo and Jerry Yang are at positions 239 and 261 respectively with $2 and $1.9 billion.
- MySpace owner Rupert Murdoch is at #33 with $8.8 billion to his name
- MSN’s main man (technically!) Bill Gates slips from the top spot to reside at No. 3 with a fortune of $58 billion – you’d think he’d be able to afford to buy some better search results…!
No sign of MySpace’s Tom Anderson then – though I’m sure he can console himself with his 223 million friends; Bebo’s Michael Birch isn’t quite there either, but maybe next year eh guys?