SES Update #3 – News Search & SEO
News Search & SEO
This session looked at how to make use of news content and press releases to utilise the full potential of news searches.
Here are some of the key points to come out of the session:
- Analyse Google news aggregation, because there were 3 billion news searches in December
- Top PR guys to feed news aggregators (3 main ones)
- BBC news
- Times online
- The press association as of October has a deal with Google news
- Up to 30 percent of traffic being driven to news pages is from search
- 41 percent of journalists prefer stories with images
- Blogs have killed trade press in the us
- Radiance 6 to identify influential bloggers
- 64 % of journalists use Google or Yahoo! news
- Use keywords in interviews
- When posting to press releases, you should post on company site first and link back from newswire using language like original or cited Adam Lasnik
- Send images with PR
- Action – evaluate news aggregators
- Clever headlines don’t work for search. Clear headlines do.
- Use blog software to run on site newsrooms. This enables conversations through comment and trackbacks… always moderated.