SES Update #1 – Local Search
oUpdate # 1
Session 1 – Local search
- This year will be big for local Web 2.0 sites.
- Traditional directory sites will need to embrace local 2.0
- Small businesses should embrace the toolset on offer from Google
- An attendee from We Love Local predicted that : "Google’s
dominance will continue, any player needs to see how they can play a role in
local space and integrate social elements, traditional directories need to get
involved, personslistion and contextualisation will be key."
- Google do however face challenges and over the next 10 years they will need to distinguish themselves as a media owner or advertising adviser to local
- There’s is also a huge opportunity to give them advice on how to spend ad
budgets but risk cannibalising their business.
We will be receiving more updates later today, so stay tuned!