Mid-week blues? Nah!
Well it’s now half way through our five days at Guguletu and the work
is going brilliantly, with none of the usual mid-week lull that you
might expect. There may end up being certain tasks that we simply
cannot complete in the time available, but for the time being we remain
Several jobs got finished today, including the painting of the
markings on the basketball court, the Veranda building, the blackboard
replacing, the jungle gym and a few others.
Other new jobs which we have now begun include:
- The Painting of all the new window frames in the new classrooms
- Reglazing all the old broken windows in the rest of the school, as well as knocking out the old glass
- Erecting the basketball hoops
- Finishing off the bricking-in of the sewerage pipes at the front of the class
- Building the paved areas, including moving over 1,000 paving stones from the front to the back of the site
- Finishing off the mural including all animal names
- Making a perimeter and soft covering for the jungle gym area
To name but a few! We finished slightly earlier today as we’re
going on a nice trip this evening, but the weather held out beautifully
and we got so much done that it shouldn’t matter too much.