No sooner had day one finished, it seemed we were back on site for day
two. The weather was a lot kinder to us today, with a bit of cloud
followed by warn sunshine. This raised morale nicely, as well as making
it a lot easier to move things around the site and school.
Work continued at a fevered pace all day, with a rearranged lunch time seeing off the afternoon lull that Monday suffered from.
Some of the jobs that were continued on Tuesday include:
- Digging a trench, laying foundations and building a wall to enclose the sewerage pipes, which had been laid too high
- Installing the large metal poles to support the veranda, then keeping them in place with concrete
- Painting the lines on the newly marked out basketball court
- Knocking out the broken windows and putty, ready to install new ones tomorrow
- Replacing the blackboards with brand new ones, along with some white boards and pin boards
- Properly beginning work on the new mural for the classrooms
I am sure I have forgotten a few jobs, but it’s late and we are all
very tired. Needless to say everyone is still doing a brilliant job,
and not letting the presence of an ITN film crew distract them at all
(though language was notably toned down when cameras rolled!)
More updates tomorrow!